Sunday, January 13, 2013

Debbie Downers

"Next weekend, we will go tailgating before the game...Next weekend, we will go to that Packer bar downtown...Next weekend, we will see if we can get tickets." Well, I think you all know that our beloved Packers and Broncos both lost yesterday, and now next weekend doesn't matter.  Ugh! We are both being Debbie Downers and pouting about the outcomes of yesterday's games. In fact, I think we are going to go to a movie today instead of watching the other playoff games. 

I wish I didn't get so upset when the Packers lose. Derreck kept saying, "It's just a game." No it is not just a game! And,I think I have my Grandma Mary and my mother to blame for my poor attitude, because we all act the same way when this happens. (Sorry Grandma and Mom!) Growing up, Sunday was my favorite day of the week. It meant that I either got to spend the afternoon in Bob Soper's basement watching football with my dad cheering against his team (The Vikings-boo!). Or decked out in green and gold watching my mom yell at the TV in our basement, which is plastered with Green Bay 'stuff'. I can't even count how many Packers snowmen I've built on Sunday mornings or the Packer pumpkins I've painted. At my house, our weekend was planned according to when the Packers were playing. I remember how excited I was when Santa brought me a Packers pull-over coat in first grade. You all know which ones I'm talking about! 






On a positive note, there's always next year!

And, the Casey Donahew concert on Friday night was awesome!




I am spending my morning with a cup a coffee and my computer in front of our fireplace. Happy Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment