Going back to last weeks entry, my Macbook is alive! Maybe it knows Halloween..wait, of course it does..that thing is smarter than any human. But back on track, it has risen from the dead. Best Buy told me there was no chance that it would work, as well as a guy from the Mac Store. They couldn't believe it when Derreck told them that he turned it on and it was working. The keys are sticky and the backlight doesn't work, but I've never been so relieved! So onto an even more positive note..our wedding invites are out and people are RSVP'ing to OUR WEDDING.
I seriously cannot believe that it is only 40 days away. I'm excited, anxious, and a little nervous! Derreck doesn't talk wedding at all, and he finds it really frustrating when I'm on the phone to my mom, his mom, or Haley talking wedding stuff for an hour or I make him drive to Parker to pick up candle holders and lights that I found on Craiglist. He told me that we should just leave him in charge of the reception, and we would sit on hay bales, drink whiskey, and eat hot dogs. That doesn't sound all the bad, but it's just not what I had in mind for a winter wedding reception. I love him.
Our passport invitations exceeded my expectations by a long shot. Just in case you didn't know this already, MY MOM IS THE BEST!!! It was all her, and Cheryl helped her print them. They are awesome, but I better not brag too much because then she might pick up some more business. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing, but she just doesn't have time. I cannot thank her enough for the endless hours she spent at the print shop after already working a full day at the bank. And now, she is working on the reception invitations...Did I tell you how awesome she is?!?! And to top that off, I have the best mother-in-law as well. She has been ordering chair covers, table cloths, finding punch recipes, addresses, checking on flowers, and calling all over for other miscellaneous things. She rocks! Derreck and I are so blessed to be surrounded by such hard-working parents, and families for that matter.
Speaking of that, I got another job last week, applied for a new job yesterday, and Derreck got approved to start working overtime. I am tutoring after school now for a girl that's in 5th grade. It's very convenient because I pick her up from school and go to her house which are both on my way home from the school I work at now. I'm enjoying it so far. Yesterday, I dropped off my paperwork for a 1st grade job opening at a different elementary school. I would start on January 7th so it would be perfect to begin my 'real' teaching career after all this wedding stuff is over. I'm crossing my fingers because I know there is already quite a few applicants.
Derreck went elk hunting this weekend with a few of his co-workers in Yampa, CO. I haven't heard from him since he left yesterday morning, so I'm sure he's having a good time. They have been preparing for this hunt for a month. I looked up the weather this morning and it's only 35 degrees, so I'm sure he got a little cold last night. They are camping in a tent and all he took was a sleeping bag. If you know Derreck's packing style, this isn't unusual! Let me remind you that he took a t-shirt, flip flops, and two pairs of underwear in a grocery sack last time we went home for 3 days. But, I can't wait to hear all about it and hopefully he takes some pictures so I can post them for everyone to see.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. I have the apartment all to myself. I am going to vacuum with my new vacuum that Derreck named Optimus Prime (Reason #847 my mom rocks!), do laundry, address envelopes, drink wine, and watch football.
Happy Pheasant Opener! Have a great weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment