Monday, October 1, 2012

Thankful for friends!

Weekends go by so fast! I dont even know where to begin on summarizing my weekend, but I do know that I am one lucky girl! I have the best friends a girl could ask for! We had so much fun this weekend that I can't even count the number of times I laughed until I cried.

On Friday, Mom and I headed to Tyndall to try on my wedding dress. That was a success. It fit and everything was good there. On Saturday morning, we had my bridal shower in Gregory. Haley went through so much work to host the shower and I cannot thank her enough. I appreciate it so much. I still can't believe she came all the way from Virginia for the weekend. Like I said, I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such great people. Derreck and I got so many nice gifts. I miss home already!

The bachelorette party started soon after the shower was over. We had an amazing race in Gregory. A few of the pit stops included saying a cheer in front the Gregory Gorilla, teeing off over the water at the golf course, solving a puzzle at the Buttes, building a beer pyramid on someone's front step, a trip to the football field, counting tootsies at B&F, taking a picture with the cop, and having a beer at our favorite watering hole in town. Our ol' volleyball coach even joined in on the fun, and won of course, because of her competitive nature. Then we went to supper at the Homesteader, opened some gifts, went back to Mary Bob's, hit up karaoke at Bubba's, and made a trip to Dallas. I will let everyone else fill the gaps. =) What a dynamic group of beautiful women! I have the greatest friends ever, and I'm so anxious for the next trip to South Dakota.


Now for the best month of the year! We are finally into a routine at school, the leaves are falling from the trees and crunching as you walk, football is in full swing (although my Packers are off to a rough start), and pumpkin spice lattes are back! On a negative note, it's the last weekend for the farmer's markets in Denver. Guess I will have to fill my Saturday mornings with a trip to the coffee shop instead!

What do you like best about October?

No comments:

Post a Comment