Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Do I really have to grow up?

It seems like so many things are happening this week that are signs that I might actually be growing up. Ahhhh! Well, only to a certain extent..

I went to the dentist today, which sadly, is the first time in quite awhile. Just a simple cleaning and check up that was painless. However, when the dentist told me I was cavity-free, I was looking forward to a balloon, sticker or at least a new toothbrush upon leaving his office! When he didn't offer me one, I decided that a trip to Starbucks on the way home was in order. When I pulled into the parking lot, I started to feel guilty. I said, "Self, you've been complaining about money lately and you've lived without having a Starbucks at your beckon call for 23 years. Do you really need this?" And I replied, "Self, you are right. Dang you!" So, I came home and made myself a cup of coffee instead. But I don't feel near as guilty, and I'm making a goal that I can only treat myself to Starbucks once every other Friday. This will be an easy goal. I'm used to treating myself to Starbucks every time I was near one in South Dakota, which happened to be around once a month. I need to realize that I live here now, and that Starbucks will be always there tomorrow. 

Another sign that I'm growing up--I browsed many different websites getting quotes for car and health insurance, looked into getting on my own cell phone plan, and Derreck and I inquired about a condo for sale. You mean your mom doesn't pay your car/health insurance, cell phone bill, and rent until you're 30?! Bummer! Now if only my big kid paycheck would show up...Ha!  

Derreck's elk hunt wasn't very successful. The only elk he saw was dead in the back of a pickup on the way home. He didn't take any pictures either. He might go again this weekend while I babysit Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday downtown at a hotel.  

Way to go Gorillas-cheering you on from Denver! Good Luck on Monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment