Happy Mother's Day to two very important ladies! I can honestly say that we have the best moms in the whole entire world. We cannot thank them enough for everything, and we wish that we could be back in SD to spend the day with them. They are the hardest working women that I know, but they still find time to spoil their kids. =) I miss them soooo much!
Here is a survey that we gave to our 2nd graders at school. I thought it would be funny to catch Derreck off guard and ask him the same questions, but he made me be a good sport and do it too. x
So here it goes...
1. What makes your mom happy?
Derreck: "Doing my chores." (I think he means when he used to help with chores on the ranch, but it made me laugh because he sounds like a little kid who is supposed to be making his bed every morning.)
Danielle: "The Packers winning"
2. What makes your mom sad?
Derreck: "I don't really know. That's weird."
Danielle: "Me living in Colorado"
3. How does your mom make you laugh?
Derreck: "When she makes fun of other people" (I'm not so sure that I have ever heard Karen make fun of somebody..)
Danielle: "When she acts like her mother"
4. How old is your mom?
Derreck: "50?"
Danielle: "52"
5. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Derreck: "I suppose she works."
Danielle: "She talks to Addie"
6. What is your mom really good at?
Derreck: "Finding my stuff and growing a garden."
Danielle: "Finding my stuff and having fun" (I had to go with Derreck on this one. If our moms don't know where it is, we are in trouble.)
7. What is your mom not very good at?
Derreck: "Staying up late"
Danielle: "Relaxing"
8. What does your mom do for a job?
Derreck: "She's a farmer, rancher, and financial person."
Danielle: "Bank teller and cleaning lady"
9.What is your mom’s favorite food?
Derreck: "My mom's favorite food? I don't even know."
Danielle: "Chicken"
10. What do you and your mom do together?
Derreck: "Nothing..We clean, we party, we eat, all that stuff.."
Danielle: "Drink beer" (Sadly this only happens about 4 times a year now..)
11. How do you know your mom loves you?
Derreck: "She helps me out all the time you dummy!"
Danielle: "Um..I will go with what Derreck said on this one"
12. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
Derreck: "I don't know. I like going to the cabin and my mom likes it there too."
Danielle: "Mary Bob's or Pierre"
13. Complete this sentence: “My mom is as pretty as a __________”
Derreck: "flower"
Danielle: "puppy" (Can you tell that I really want a puppy right now? It's the cutest thing I could think of.)
14. What’s the SMARTEST thing your mom has ever told you?
Derreck: "You can't afford that"
Danielle: "Don't be stupid."
15. If you could give your mom ANYTHING in the world, what would it be?
Derreck: "I'm sick of this...."
Danielle: "A job...or possibly a baby." I would much rather have a job...Sorry Moms, but no babies here!
16. What’s the CRAZIEST THING you’ve ever seen your mom do?
Derreck: "Spook my Aunt Bev in the window"
Danielle: "Oh boy...drive a van full of 15 drunk kids to Burke on my graduation or singing and dancing on a cooler at the river or....there's quite a few things actually!"
17. What food does your mom COOK THE BEST?
Derreck: "I don't think she can do anything better to her sour cream beef enchiladas."
Danielle: "She makes a pretty good batch of Chili"
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment