Saturday, May 25, 2013

Busy as a Bee

You know your life is crazy busy when going to your daytime job is relaxing. At least when I'm at work, I know what I need to do and nobody can bother me except 5 and 6 year olds, and they are awesome.

It's after work, when I'm driving from house to house for tutoring. Then to and from our apartment and the house trying to get things moved. And then moving into a house that is torn apart. And then spending every waking minute cleaning, trying to put stuff away, running errands and talking on the phone trying to get insurance figured out and services to our house. But it's amazing what you can get done when you don't have cable. We are going to try it out for a few months. I think no TV in the summer will be pretty easy, but I don't know how football season is going to go. 

Oh yeah, did I mention that Tarell Bauld and Mike Braun were here for two days to put in our windows, then two days after that Kelsea Sutton was here to spend the weekend with us. And Tim and Karen will be here sometime today and are staying with us all week! After they leave, Stacy Pettit will be in Denver from Alaska, and then 3 days after that I'm getting on a plane to Sioux Falls for Autumn's Bachelorette Party in Okoboji. Thank God for my iCal keeping me organized. 

Life is crazy, but a good crazy. We still have three more days of school next week and then summer will finally be here. Actually I felt like the snow just left, so I'm not quite ready for summer yet. Ready or not, here it comes...



Kelsea and I in Boulder


Derreck bought me a housewarming gift! It's a Red Irishman Cactus. #husbandoftheweek

Here is our bedroom. It's finished other than the trim around the window. (I probably should have made the bed before I took this picture--oops!)

And here is our living room..I hope we can get this room finished this week. 

In the process of putting stuff away and making supper.

Our new washer and dryer. We got a heck of a deal on these machines at the Sears Outlet. I could really care less that one is silver and one is white.

The cut-out between the kitchen and living room. Derreck is putting rounded corners on.



This morning is off to a rough start so I decided to take a break and write on our blog. First I walked right into the air compressor and thought I broke my knee cap. Then about 45 minutes later I fell down our stairs at the apartment while carrying a box full of kitchen utensils.  I'm probably lucky that I didn't get stabbed by the 20 knives that were in the box. The neighbor lady downstairs came to my rescue. Now Derreck wants me to mow the lawn but I'm nervous I might lose a limb.  


Oh yeah, and I bought a new car last weekend! We were on our way to Boulder when the dealership called. We turned around, and 3 hours later we were back on the road to Boulder. 


Hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable Memorial Day weekend! The weather is absolutely beautiful here, and the forecast looks very promising. We are hoping to get a round of golf in, hit up a Rockies game, and maybe even try to fit the Casey Donahew Concert at Red Rocks in tomorrow night.




No comments:

Post a Comment