Saturday, March 9, 2013

Snow Day!

The weatherman predicted about 20 inches of snow and I think we are on track to get that much by the end of the day.

So we are having a snow day! We have cleaning, laundry, working out and making caramel rolls on our agenda.   Derreck wanted to make homemade caramel rolls. He said when he was little, Tim would get everything out to make homemade donuts on snow days. That conversation led to about an hour of reminiscing about our childhood. Snow days as a kid were the best! I remember having to shovel in the front of the jewelry store and then having french fries and gravy at Stukel's served by Carol Anderson. Then we usually ended the day by sledding down the Buttes with the Sperls. I will never forget the time Ben wrecked into a tree and had to go to the ER. There was blood trail from the Buttes to their house for a week. 

But back on track, Derreck called his mom who called Margaret Ann Bailey to get her caramel roll recipe. This will be a true test on our marriage because Derreck and I don't work well together in the kitchen. Stay tuned later this weekend for pictures of our baking experience.


Derreck saw something strange on the inside of his beer bottle so he was determined to figure out what it was. It involved my pink hammer and a mozzarella cheese bag.
He got it! But then couldn't find the strange substance in the hundreds of glass pieces that remained. Hmm...

Last night was game night at the Martin apartment. Two games of Jenga and Phase Ten entertained us for a few hours.
And we are ready for the snow storm! That is the tallest bottle of wine that I have ever seen, and I couldn't resist when it was on display by the cash register. Well played, liquor store, well played!

I hope everyone has a good weekend! What is your favorite snow day memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment