For the first time this school year, I get to be lazy this weekend. It is much needed break.
lazy=unwilling to work or use energy
On Friday afternoon, a student said, "Please be quiet! Mrs. Martin is grumpy." And for the first time, I let my students know that I was in fact, grumpy. 23 children need my constant attention for 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. I do love my job, but I am so exhausted. I am ready to spend my weekend doing something other than getting my classroom ready for the next week. And I'm looking forward to giving Derreck and our house some attention. I tend to ignore him on the weekends because I am always at school.
However, the holidays are upon us and I am really looking forward to it. Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday next to the 4th of July. The 4th of July has to be your favorite holiday if you were raised in Gregory. The weather is great. And there's golf, baseball, and fireworks. However, Thanksgiving is the next best thing. Great food, football, and family. This year, we are thankful for our families, our jobs, and our house.
We are approaching our 1st anniversary and I have never been more in love. I am in a happy place. Derreck doesn't treat me like a princess. It is perfect. He tells me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear. He keeps me grounded. He gives me what I need, and not what I want. I'm spoiled by love and attention, not by things. Life is so good.
Have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment