Tuesday, August 6, 2013

It's been a whirlwind of a week. I wrapped up all the tutoring gigs for the summer just in time to start getting ready for the new school year and for my mom and Cheryl to come to Denver. 

And guess what, I got a NEW job. Yay! I'm the new 1st Grade teacher at Blue Heron Elementary School, which is the school I worked at last year. I'm sooooooo excited to be back there and to work in the public school system. I was excited about my other job I got last month, but I am in Heaven working in the JeffCo District. That does mean more work, more standards, and more politics, but the district is on the cutting edge as far as technology, professional development opportunities,  teacher evaluations, and research.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything I have learned in the last two days at orientation and teacher induction. I actually can't wait for in-service to start on Monday.





I can sum up my weekend with my mom and Cheryl in three words. BEST TIME EVER! They were easily entertained at the grocery store and the liquor store, let alone going to downtown Denver, The Renaissance Festival and The Doobie Brothers/Steve Miller Band concert at Red Rocks. 

Only they could take shots of Crown at Noon at Coyote Ugly. 


The Gorilla at Wynkoop Brewery


Mom and Cheryl with Snot, a comedian at the Renaissance Festival

Derreck hanging out with his buddy. "Their guts match. The new friend has my attention. Looks like a movie buff that likes Funions and Amber Bock"-A text from Jeremy



This guy was whacked out! 
Derreck: "Can I hold your gun?"
Pirate: "Which one?"

Creepy Crow People


The really short clips I got from the concert. The memory on my camera is low. It's time to delete some pictures/videos. 


Now for a busy week at school before we head to Minnesota for Emily (Derreck's cousin) and Justin's wedding. Looking forward to spending the weekend in-laws.


No comments:

Post a Comment