Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend in South Dakota

Last weekend over Labor Day, Derreck and I went to the Black Hills to Tim and Karen's cabin in Hisega. We had such a great time with our families. My brother and Kate came from Pierre and my mom, Kirby, Tim, and Karen came from Gregory/Burke. The Broome Clan was also there. We spent our weekend eating fish and Derreck's BBQ, drinking, watching college football, playing Phase Ten, making a few prank phone calls, hiking, taking Addie for a swim in the creek, and playing Bocce ball. Bocce ball is such a silly game, but is so much fun. I can't wait for a re-match next year. Machelle/Me vs. Wade/Kirby. It was a close one, but we were victorious! 

We also spent a lot of time reminiscing at the cabin. I'll never forget our summer vacations to the cabin with my Grandma Flo and my parents. We went out there at least once every summer. I'm so thankful that Tim and Karen bought my Great-Aunt Pat's cabin which is about 15 yards from my Grandma Flo's cabin that is now owned by Jack and Marcia. The cabin was in need of some TLC, and the Martin's have been putting a lot of work and time into it. It is looking great! I look forward to creating many more memories there. 

Here is a video of Addie floating down the creek! She had so much fun.  


Well it's time for breakfast before we're off to the Coors Brewery, and then head here for the afternoon with Jeremy and Kellie. Check back later this week and I will fill you in on our fun-filled weekend with them. 

Happy Birthday to Derreck! Go Packers! and I guess, Go Broncos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment